I instantly volunteered to bring a homemade cake for my friend’s surprise party! I was looking on Pinterest to find a her a tasty cake idea when I came across a Piñata cake! it was just the perfect idea to surprise her and everyone!!!
I also found on another blog a mint and chocolate cake recipe, which is her favorite flavour!!! I was so excited baking and icing the cake, I knew it would be a real HIT!!!
So I twisted the cake recipe a little bit, instead of adding boiling water, I put in some hot coffee. From what I understand from previous experiences, it brings out the chocolate flavor more.
I also kept some icing apart without chocolate pieces and green coloring to do the blue letters on the cake.
Then the fun part started, we had to assemble the cake… Well, I put the cake together while my boyfriend was taking pictures around the kitchen!
- I Flatten the first cake, and remove some dough in the middle to make room for the M&M
- I put icing around the edge of the little bowl in the cake and places lots of chocolates in the middle
- I Flatten the second cake and remove some more dough at the bottom of it to fit with my little mountain of M&Ms
- After placing the second cake on top, I put most of the icing on top and started spraying it around with a butter knife.
- I used tooth-pick to write in the green icing what I wanted (I could still re flatten the icing if the size or style wasn’t good before the actual final birthday icing of the cake)
- I finally used a decoration poach for icing and completed my previous trace, and decorated around the cake as well.
I think the cake was a real success! We had a lot of fun! and truly surprised my friend with an early birthday party!!!!
Wish you amazing birthday girl!!!!