It’s been a couple weeks now that I have been craving for oat flakes, coconut and chocolate chips cookies of my childhood. Since about the age of 10 I’ve been making those delicious cookies that my mom was keeping a recipe of. I remember that every time I was baking those cookies it was a huge success!
The other night I finally called home to ask for that recipe! Few minutes later, there I was in my kitchen trying to make my favorite oat flakes cookies…. I found out, at the stage of putting the flakes in that I didn’t even had any in my cupboards. Too late to go to the store, and by that point craving cookies too bad that I decided to just put more coconuts flakes in. I will have to remake the original recipe another day, after some grocery shopping!
Oat Flakes, coconut and chocolate chips Cookies:
- First you need to mix together for a buttery consistency: 1/2 cup of butter (I use margarine… cheaper) and 3/4 cup of brown sugar pressed.
- Incorporate 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Mix together in a separate bowl: 2/3 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of soda and same quantity of salt
- Incorporate the dry ingredients to the buttery mixture and add 1 cup of chocolates chips, 1 cup of hoat flakes, 1/2 cup of coconut.
- Bake at 350F about 10 min.
I ate them with some yogurt and Pineapples… trying to keep it healty
Enjoy this sweetness!!!