Mamy’s best cold cake!
Don’t ask me why we call it cold cake in french… but it is the direct translation! Maybe you can help me, what would you call them in English?
Like the dominos, they are one of my weaknesses. A small bite of softness, melting in your mouth with a hint of coffee! I’m sure this is all they eat in heaven!
It is very easy to do, and it keeps well in the freezer while waiting a couple weeks for your guests!
Simply follow these few steps:
- Crush into crumbs 40 tea cookies by first placing all the cookies in a big ziploc bag,
- Gather some accumulated frustration and use a rolling pin as a tool to crumb the cookies,
Mix it all in a bowl with:
- 1 lbs of icing sugar… a little over 2 cups
- 3/4 of a cup of strong brewed coffee
- 1 yolk …. the yellow part of the egg
- 3 tablespoons of coco powder
- some butter… Mamy says has big as the yolk in size
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Push down into a large 9 X 9 Pirex container with the back of a spoon to compact well and give a smooth surface on top. Be patient, it will be sticking to the spoon!
Refrigerate at least an hour before attempting to cut it into squares or what ever shape you feel like!