My mom is a great cook, I often call her to get ideas, tricks or her recipes. It makes me feel more at home when I’m away.
We all love her smoke salmon pastas, and I found it a very useful recipe to jazz up left over fish.
Here is out it goes!
- First dice an onion and some garlic that you will cook in a pan for about 5 min on medium heat or until the onion is tender.
- Add 3/4 cup of white wine (because it is unavailable here I used powder chicken broth mixed with water). Let simmer to reduced the liquid in half.
- Add some veggies to the pan. The easiest is frozen peas and carrots, but any of your favorite veggies will do. This time I used about 1 cup of a frozen mix of veggies and we added extra fresh peppers at the end. We cooked the frozen veggies about 10min and the fresh ones during the last 5 min only
- The final touch is 1 cup of cream, salt and pepper.
- I was about to forget the fish. it all depends of what you have and how you like it. I love smoke salmon as is. So I add it in just at the very end, some people like it more cooked. Also when I dont have smoke salmon I sometimes use cooked salmon or arctic char for example, and because those were already cooked I add it only at the end.
If you use real fish, don’t forget to watch for bones!