I’ve been in the arctic for over 6 weeks now. Mom sent me a care package not too long after I got here with mostly chocolate and a few ingredients hard to find or expensive here. She also sent a magazine and special ingredients to accomplish some recipes.
Last week I made those cookies. They are very delicious and a perfect snack to bring flying providing a lot of energy during those long flights.
First mix :
- 2 cups of oat meal
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Wisk in a another bowl:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple sirup
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I just used normal and cheap yogurt)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (I used normal milk)
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the liquids and add:
- 1/2 cup of pecans ( I didn’t have any so I used dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries (that mom placed in my care package)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds (placed as well by mom in my care package)
Bake in big cookies at 350 F for about 18-20 min.
Thanks mom for this amazing idea!!!!